Monday, April 23, 2012




Latest Reactions to  Late Debate Situation


Background:




Today appeared (emphasis that of MinnPost):

I posted an item recently about a former campaign operative for Tom Emmer and Michele Bachmann accused of stalking U of M professor Bill Gleason. Gleason filed an FCC complaint against Jack Tomczak, the former aide. After some negotiating, the local “Tea Party Radio Network” station that carried Tomczak’s show agreed that Tomczak would read an apology on the air. As Gleason posts on his blog, Sunshine is the Best Disinfectant, it said in part: “My show on April 11, 2012, was one of those moments. I want to apologize tonight to Professor Bill Gleason. Professor Gleason and I have exchanged ideas through Twitter in the past and we disagree on most political issues. On April 11, 2012 I attempted to visit him at his office. I sincerely apologize to him because my attempt to have an in-person confrontation about our differences was inappropriate. He had previously informed me that such a visit was unwelcome. Furthermore, what I said on the Late Debate about my failed attempt to confront him at his office was wrong. I know I can do better ... and for that, I sincerely apologize to Professor Gleason.”

The situation prompted Andy Aplikowski at the conservative blog Residual Forces to post: “Due to a thuggish left of liberal professor’s intolerant tactics, the station that Late Debate with Jack and Ben is on has suspended Jack. It is time to get the best local talk show on a real station. Please contact Clear Channel and get them on air.”

Then, in turn, Ken Avidor
at the liberal site Dump Bachmann writes: “Additionally, Mr. Tomczak agreed to refrain from further public communication (Tweets) of offensive material related to this incident. Because he did not comply with this agreement, station management has suspended him until further notice. A Twitter cabal comprising of Bachmann fans Sheila Kihne and former St. Paul School Board candidate Tom "Swiftee" Swift is apparently attempting a reprisal by contacting University officials to complain about Professor Gleason."


The right wing onslaught is in progress.  For some examples see:





No comments:

Post a Comment